An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances.
The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break. -- Chinese Proverb

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Don't get in line with me

Have you ever got behind me in a grocery checkout line. Let me give you some advice. Don't! My line is ALWAYS the longest, even if it appears to be the shortest.

That seems to work for me in the adoption world as well. Back in 2005 when we began the paperchase to bring Miriam home the wait for a non special needs child in China was 6 months from the time that your paperwork was logged into the system in China. Today people have been waiting in that line 7 years. It's my fault because I got in line. Fortunately we were able to get out of that line and get in another one to bring Miriam home.

Once again I'm seeing wait times increasing. We got word yesterday that our I-800A application has been approved. This is the USCIS saying that Deb and I are allowed to bring an orphan into the country. This process had been taking about 40 days. Its now taking about 2 months for us and those who are in line with us. Our next step once we have our documents authenticated at the Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C. is to send our paperwork (dossier) to China and await a Letter of Acceptance (LOA). This process has now slowed to the point that some people have waited over 120 days. Once again it must be because I'm in line.

There are many other steps in the process where things could slow down. Please pray that things go quickly. There's a little girl in China who desperately needs a family, and a family in the U.S. who desperately want to bring home their little girl!

Our puzzle fundraiser has also seemed to slow down. We really need more pieces to the puzzle to be sponsored. We're planning other fundraising ideas so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Click here to comment.